About the Job
Chumbak is one of India’s fastest growing design brands. Known and loved for its illustration-lead products, Chumbak is in the process of strengthening its design team. We are looking for a full-time, in-house creative illustrator.
We are seeking an outgoing, energetic, and creative in-house illustrator who will bring excitement and enthusiasm to our brand and apply their skills to create designs for our range of products.
As our in-house illustrator, you will be working as part of the team that has created some of the most path-breaking designs in recent times across a huge range of product categories. As a brand Chumbak is all about great design, and we hope that is how you define yourself too.
Role & Responsibilities
- Contribute to creative brainstorming and ensure you are always ahead of the curve with regard to design trends.
- Create briefs and give feedback on what you have understood from brainstorming sessions, including creating sketches. Ask for feedback and communicate with your team members throughout each project to make sure delivery is done in time and to the right specifications.
- Illustrate concepts by designing rough layouts of art and copy, while keeping in mind arrangement, size, type size and style, and other related aesthetic concepts.
- Develop radically new designs for products ranging from Accessories, Home and Apparel.
- The challenge is to spot upcoming trends and styles to ensure our designs are relevant and in sync with the prevailing trends. (At the same time they need to be clutter-breaking as we have always managed to stand out with our products in the past.)
- You must be a hands-on designer with strong ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team and share the responsibility of execution right from the design to holding the sourcing team’s hand till the final sample.
- Your impact will extend far beyond your own team to encompass the other functions that help ensure the brand story is maintained.
Desired Experience and Skills
You have a Bachelors or Master degree in a design-related field and must speak and write English effortlessly. (You can also be self-taught illustrator as long as you have a good understanding of the required software, design principles etc.)
Years of Experience:
2-3 years experience. (Freshers who meet the above mentioned skill requirements may also apply.)
If you're interested in this job and think you can rock our world, get in touch. (Keep your cover letter short but make sure to tell us a little bit about yourself and present us with a good yet short online portfolio!) :)
- Be a highly motivated, creative and innovative self-starter.
- Have impeccable taste and a compulsive eye for detail.
- Fly high conceptually and have a complete overview of illustration.
- Have great conceptual skills and strong digital knowledge.
- Be an accomplished Visual Designer with over 2-3 years of experience in developing a strong understanding of fundamental design principles that affect composition, colour, use of space and hierarchy of information.
- Be capable of quickly delivering strong designs during rapid, iterative processes, and multitasking in a fast paced environment.
- Have a passion for creating new and creative illustration for Chumbak products.
- Have supernatural knowledge of Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator. (Any skills or experience in the fields of product or graphic design is a plus.)