Chumbak is looking for an exceptional developer to join our Technology team in Bangalore. You will be a member of the team that has full autonomy to evolve the platform, make key technical decisions and partner with product managers and designers to deliver business value. Join our team to expand the footprint of your impact!
Where you'll make an impact
You and your team will be mainly responsible for the Chumbak e-commerce platform, which is experiencing accelerated growth. It is crucial not only to Chumbak’s own success, but also to the happiness of our customers. You'll be instrumental in architecting, building, operating, and optimizing the code that powers the Chumbak e-commerce platform, user experience, analytics and more. You'll champion new features and improvements that deliver tremendous value and customer delight while also reducing technical debt through all phases of the software development lifecycle. You’ll have the unique opportunity to help us to build the teams, shape the culture, develop a center of excellence and establish a strong brand.
Role & Responsibilities
● Architect and develop scalable application components that serves our mobile apps as well as web
● Write modular code using latest JS frameworks and build the connecting components that integrates with any 3rd party application for customers as well as for internal purposes
● Be the first tester of your own code and own more responsibility
● Be ready to wear multiple hats as the requirement changes on time to time Involve in making decisions related to Application architecture and component development
● Communicate and coordinate with other internal stakeholders whenever necessary
More about you On your first day, we'll expect you to have/be:
● 1+ years of experience designing and building production-level web applications, including:
● Deep understanding of front-end architecture and data-driven development
● Strong analytical thinking and creative problem solving skills
● Ability to work with designers to develop dynamic user experiences
● Passionate about continuously improving user experience and delivering customer value
● Able to have a strong impact while working independently or in a team
● Effectively mentor junior team members to help them unleash their full potential
● A quick learner who loves to explore new languages and frameworks
And if you've got some of these skills, even better:
● Hands on experience working with or building e-commerce products or platforms
● Experience monitoring and operating a production-level service
● Excitement about the latest trends in application design
● Experience with agile software development methodologies like Kanban or Scrum
More about our benefits
Chumbak is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, colorful office bang in the middle of the most colorful road in Bangalore, highly creative environment with a diverse set of work colleagues, a great terrace with epic office parties and lots more.
Well, why Chumbak?
That’s a great question. We’re a fun startup. We make fun products. We love colour. We love challenging the status quo. We’re growing really really fast. We’re mad about India. We have a sense of humor. We’re young. You’ll get to work at the most awesome Chumbak Studio. You’ll get to play with Hugo, the Chumbak dog :) We goof around, but we also take what we’re doing really seriously. Did we mention we're mad about India? And generally bit mad. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. We’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.