About the Job
Chumbak is one of India’s fastest growing design brands. Known and loved for its illustration-lead products, Chumbak is in the process of strengthening its design team.
We are looking for a full-time, in-house creative textile designer to work primarily on products in our HOME category.
As a brand Chumbak is all about great design, and we hope that is how you define yourself too.
Desired Experience and Skills
·Have a Bachelors or Masters degree in textile design and must speak and write English effortlessly. (You can be self-taught illustrator as long as you have a good understanding of the required software, design principles, fabric, printing techniques etc.)
· Have 2-3 years experience in a related position.
· Be a highly motivated, creative and innovative self-starter, with the ability to work independently when required, and to co-ordinate and work together with other members of the Design team as required, to put together collections in the Home category.
· Have impeccable taste and a compulsive eye for detail.
· Have excellent illustration skills. Versatility in illustration styles is a bonus.
· Have the ability to forecast trends and put together mood boards.
· Have knowledge and experience in developing illustrated all-over-prints and patterns for products ranging from Cushions and Table Runners to Bed and Bath Linen.
· Have a knowledge of different fabrics, printing, and embellishment techniques.
· Be experienced in putting together tech packs, and responding to queries from vendors.
· Have a good knowledge of /experience with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
If you're interested in this job and think you can rock our world, get in touch. (Keep your cover letter short but make sure to tell us a little bit about yourself and present us with a good yet short online portfolio. Dud links or links to portfolios that require permission to be viewed, will not be entertained.)