Head – International Operations
About the Job
To contribute to the growth of Chumbak international operations through;
development, implementation, monitoring and review of a business strategy that maximises the retail net profit by driving sales growth through new stores and existing stores and controlling costs at international level;
identify and sign retail spaces in Malls / Hi-Street for Chumbak as per business plan
defining sales & retail operations strategy, developing and executing the sales team’s operational plan, defining and tracking sales targets, overseeing sales budgets and expenditure, honing sales & Operations processes;
to achieve sales growth as budgeted, have P/L accountability for the operational stores.
to build motivated and high performing teams through the effective leadership and line management to retail staff;
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for the identification of new business locations for new stores.
- Conducting market research to collect data and draw inferences to arrive at decision points, considering the overall strategic direction of the company
- Develop projected P/L for all new stores
- Create the budgeted retail space as per the brand requirements
- Forecasting future spaces in potential markets
- Study relevant markets to understand business potential
- Continuously monitor competition and market activities
- Map spaces as per current and forecasted requirements
- Complete financial planning for the project management of new store openings
- Work with legal / compliance team to ensure legal compliance for all NSO
Sales & Business Management
- To achieve sales targets and budgeted growth, own the complete P/L for the retail business of Chumbak in terms of EBIDTA, SSSG and other key financial parameters.
- Also will have overview of expanding the retail footprint, expanding the retail business through own stores as well as franchises.
- Responsible to create the Retail Sales & Operations strategy, keeping in mind business priorities.
- Responsible for retail analytics, developing and tracking key metrics, ensure financial/non-financial reporting for the entire Retail business.
- Generates ideas about future retail activities; maintains up to date knowledge of the market place, competitors and trends
- Translates the strategic goals into retail operational plans to achieve the required targeted growth in sales and profit;
- Interact with retail store teams and customers to understand and identify business critical issues in order to ensure the alignment of tactics and strategies;
- Maintains and constantly develops innovative and cost effective stock merchandising; monitors stock weekly as per strategic plan to achieve bottom line sales budget against monthly target
- Understand and analyse how the Chumbak brand is positioned in the market and crystalize targeted consumers insights
- Work with Marketing team on promotions, and marketing initiatives
- Ensure we have a strong sales operations team.
- Ensure compliance with local laws and statutes.
Desired Experience and Skills
Education: MBA / PG in Retail Management
Years of Experience: 8-15 years
- Extensive Business development and Sales & Operations experience in retail sector specifically should have worked extensively in the Middle East in growing and managing a retail brand.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to contribute and successfully deliver against a business strategy.
- Experienced in managing relationships at a senior level and managing a diverse (in terms of skill base and experience) team of people.
- Strong pre-existing relationships with Malls / Hi-Street, Real Estate companies. Should have opened retail stores across all major locations across Middle East especially Dubai and have in-depth connections across all markets
- Feasibility studies and analyses mainly in retail businesses
- Business acumen and understanding of the retail business cycle
- Good Knowledge of capital structuring, financial modelling & Forecasting
- Good knowledge in marketing, market research, corporate communications
- Good experience in Project Management
- Must possess a track record of increasing and sustaining sales growth and profitability even in challenging market conditions such as the current economic climate.
- Must demonstrate a proven ability to motivate, coach and develop people.
Key Skills Sought
- Highly analytical with a deep understanding of key metrics.
- Commercially sound with a good understanding of P/L and the influence of operating factors
- Solution orientated, decisive by nature, result-oriented
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written to include report writing and group presentations
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisation skills, able to prioritise
- A collaborative team player – concerned with the team success as well as individual performance
- Visible Leadership skills – can motivate others to achieve
- Self-starter – high energy levels
- Positive and Enthusiastic
- Strong professionally – credible with integrity
- Good Listener – will challenge constructively and respond well to feedback
- Mobility – the job entails frequent and extensive travel
- Excellent MS Office skills, specifically should have very good numerical ability.